Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/29 05:48:37 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Struts Shale Framework 1.0.2 Alpha

The Struts team is pleased to announce the release of Struts Shale 1.0.2 Alpha.

     http://struts.apache.org/downloads.html

The Struts Shale Framework is a set of loosely coupled services,
fundamentally based on JavaServer Faces, which may be combined as
needed to meet particular application requirements.

Compared to version 1.0.0, (version 1.0.1 was retired due to packaging
issues,) this version includes a substantial number of bugfixes and
enhancements -- details are in the Release Notes -- and the following
major new features:

 * Shale Remoting is a complete overhaul of the remoting support in
1.0.0, providing support for application or component developers who
need to implement the server side behavior for AJAX callbacks. It is
packaged as a small (40k) JAR that has no dependencies on the rest of
Shale.

 * Tiger Extensions is an optional add-on layer for those running on
Java SE 5 (code named "Tiger").  The extensions let you use Java
annotations to declare managed beans or register JSF components,
without needing entries in a faces-config.xml file.

 * A new "blank" starter application to get you up and running with a
new project quickly.

 * A new "mailreader" demo application that duplicates the
functionality of the Struts 1.x version of this app, so you can
compare implementation approaches.

* A new "SQL Browser" demo application that illustrates use of the
Tiger Extensions, as well as the ability to modify JSF component trees
on the fly.

Although this is considered an alpha release, various developer APIs
should be considered at a more stable (in terms of assurances of
backwards compatibility in future releases) point than might otherwise
be expected.  Please see the following web page for more details:

     http://struts.apache.org/struts-shale/api-stability.html

Your comments and questions are welcome on the Struts User list.
Subscription information can be found on the following web page:

     http://struts.apache.org/mail.html

--
Wendy Smoak

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Struts Shale Framework 1.0.2 Alpha

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Wendy,

Thanks for your tireless efforts getting this all squared away for us.
 Now we can go ahead with the MyFaces release.

Sean

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.