Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Richard van Heest <ri...@solcon.nl> on 2011/07/11 11:22:31 UTC

writing text in an PDF-doc

Good morning,

I'm already using the PDFBox-library for some months. Initially I had some
problems, but they are already solved. Now I have a new thing:
text-alignment. Normally the text is lined out on the left side. I made a
method which writes the text (String tekst) on a page (int paginanr) and a
position (Punt punt) in a given Font (Font font). I made these classes Punt
en Font on my own, so it doesn't refer to any class of your PDFBox-library.
(see also the code in the box)

I found that the position (Punt punt) you have to choose is the left-down
location of the string. But now I want to write text starting from the
right. In other words, I want to write right-aligned text.

So in this way J

Is there any possibility in the PDFBox-library to do this?

Please help me!

Kind regards,

Richard van Heest

Middelharnis - The Netherlands.

public void schrijfTekst(String tekst, int paginanr, Punt punt, Font font) {

      PDPage page = this.getPage(paginanr);

      PDPageContentStream stream;

      try {

            stream = new PDPageContentStream(this.document, page, true,
false);

            stream.setFont(font.getFont(), font.getSize());

            stream.setNonStrokingColor(Color.black);

            stream.beginText();

            stream.moveTextPositionByAmount(new Float(100*punt.getX()/3.25),
new Float(100*punt.getY()/3.25));

            stream.drawString(tekst);

            stream.endText();

            stream.close();