Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Patricia Doyle <pd...@hotmail.com> on 2002/05/10 16:53:01 UTC

Question

How can I get the real name of file that is sent through DataHandler object
as Axis save it with Axisxxxxx file name. Using tcp monitor tool I could not
find the file name in the SOAP response.

Thanks

Re: Question

Posted by Heitzso <he...@bellsouth.net>.
DataHandler by itself doesn't know about filenames.  For instance
you can create a DataHandler from a byte array.  So in general
you cannot assume a DataHandler return has a filename associated
with it.

That said, I believe getName() will return the filename if
the DataSource fed into DataHandler on the sending side was
generated with FileDataSource().

Heitzso