Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by na...@hitachi.com on 2015/06/02 10:11:21 UTC

Question about your VCL

Dear All,

Hello.
I am currently investigating how to take advantage of the VCL.
If possible, please tell me how to use your VCL.

For example,

1) Place (University, Research Institution, etc.)
2) Guest OS (Windows7 64bit, CentOS, etc.)
3) Hypervisor (KVM, ESXi, etc.)
4) Scale (Number of users or computers, etc.)
5) Purpose (University Lecture, Study at home, etc.)

Please feel free to answer.
I'm looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

---------------
Nao Yamanouchi
system engineer
Hitachi, Ltd.
---------------

Re: Question about your VCL

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

Nao,

Just FYI - people don't tend to respond to this type of question much.  You'll
probably have better success with questions about actually setting up and
using a VCL system.

Here at NCSU, we have a mix of things.  We have bare metal usage along with
virtual.  Most of our host servers are VMware ESXi freely licensed, but we
also have some KVM.  We probably have (very rough estimate) around 1000 bare
metal and virtual nodes combined.  Our usage is a mix of classroom
augmentation, short usage for completion of homework assignments, longer term
project based usage, research clusters, and some administrative computing.

Josh

On Tuesday, June 02, 2015 5:11:21 PM nao.yamanouchi.sz@hitachi.com wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Hello.
> I am currently investigating how to take advantage of the VCL.
> If possible, please tell me how to use your VCL.
>
> For example,
>
> 1) Place (University, Research Institution, etc.)
> 2) Guest OS (Windows7 64bit, CentOS, etc.)
> 3) Hypervisor (KVM, ESXi, etc.)
> 4) Scale (Number of users or computers, etc.)
> 5) Purpose (University Lecture, Study at home, etc.)
>
> Please feel free to answer.
> I'm looking forward to your reply.
>
> Best regards,
>
> ---------------
> Nao Yamanouchi
> system engineer
> Hitachi, Ltd.
> ---------------
- --
- -------------------------------
Josh Thompson
VCL Developer
North Carolina State University

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

Re: Question about your VCL

Posted by António Aragão <aa...@di.uminho.pt>.
Hi,

I use here at DIUM (Departamento de Informática / Universidade do Minho). I
use the following guests OSs (windows 7, ubuntu, windows XP etc). The
hardware is provided by only one server with ESXi 5.5 which has vcl node,
vcl web, vcl gateway and vms storage. The purpose is university lecture and
tests.

Best regards,

--

Re:Re: Question about your VCL

Posted by na...@hitachi.com.
Dear All,

Hello.
Thank you for an interesting answer.
It was very useful.

I have used VCL for 5 years.
Our team thinks about a new method to use VCL.
Therefore, I asked you a question.

Thank you for your help and cooperation.
Furthermore, I want to get many answers.

Best regards,

Nao Yamanouchi
system engineer
Hitachi, Ltd.