Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Steffen <in...@apachelounge.com> on 2020/02/21 09:23:39 UTC

Branches 2.4.12-dev fails mod_ssl

Building revision  1874291 failed in Windows.

mod_ssl.c(27,10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
'ap_config_auto.h': No such file or directory

Steffen

Re: Branches 2.4.12-dev fails mod_ssl

Posted by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 2:39 PM Ruediger Pluem <rp...@apache.org> wrote:

> So we need to have a solution in place that works on Windows and Unix and I
> believe the solution from Yann does.

What about r1874323 ?
Using "ap_config.h" would exclude Windows from the new
OPENSSL_init_ssl() API, even for OpenSSL >= 1.1.

Steffen, would you please try 2.4.x + r1874323 (with OpenSSL 1.1+) and
see if it works?

Regards,
Yann.

Re: Branches 2.4.12-dev fails mod_ssl

Posted by Ruediger Pluem <rp...@apache.org>.

On 02/21/2020 02:23 PM, Steffen wrote:
> I run without it.
>
>  Does that have a draw back ?

Removing it likely breaks the Unix builds. So we need to have a solution in place that works on Windows and Unix and I
believe the solution from Yann does. Hence it would be very helpful if you could verify this part of the assumption on
Windows side. I guess their are plenty of people here (as well as our current Travis jobs) who can verify for the Unix
side, but not much for the Windows side.

Regards

Rüdiger

Re: Branches 2.4.12-dev fails mod_ssl

Posted by Steffen <in...@apachelounge.com>.
I run without it.

 Does that have a draw back ?

Steffen

Posted by Luca Toscano <to...@gmail.com>.
Il giorno ven 21 feb 2020 alle ore 13:36 Ruediger Pluem
<rp...@apache.org> ha scritto:

> On 02/21/2020 11:14 AM, Yann Ylavic wrote:
> > Hi Steffen,
> >
> > On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 10:23 AM Steffen <in...@apachelounge.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Building revision  1874291 failed in Windows.
> >>
> >> mod_ssl.c(27,10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
> >> 'ap_config_auto.h': No such file or directory
> >
> > Better if you #include "ap_config.h" instead?
> >

> This should work. Care to apply?
> BTW: Is there any possibility to have a Travis job run on Windows to catch these?

There is an open email thread about it, the work to be done is not
very easy in my opinion if you are not an expert of building on
Windows. I didn't have time to dive into it yet, but if anybody wants
to send a pull request or commit something please do! :)

Luca

Re: Branches 2.4.12-dev fails mod_ssl

Posted by Ruediger Pluem <rp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com>.