Posted to builds@apache.org by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org> on 2020/01/14 06:11:38 UTC

Jenkins queue blockage

Hi all,

Is there a known issue currently affecting Jenkins? The build queue at the
moment stands at 419 jobs and growing, yet it doesn't look like there are
enough things running to account for the blockage.

Checking the load statistics graph for Jenkins, it looks like things
suddenly took a turn at around 23:00 UTC, with queue size increasing
despite available executors going up and busy executors going down:

https://builds.apache.org/load-statistics

Thanks,

- Mike

Re: Jenkins queue blockage

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.
The top level job is a lightweight executor run that triggers the actual
test job matrix, such as:

https://builds.apache.org/job/Cassandra-3.11-cqlsh-tests/511/cython=yes,jdk=JDK%201.8%20(latest),label=cassandra/

The lightweight executor can run anywhere, it is undefined, and it does
not take up an actual executor slot or do anything but sit there and
wait while the real jobs run tests on label=cassandra instances.

Kind regards,
Michael

Re: Jenkins queue blockage

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.