Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Loka <lo...@zensar.in> on 2013/11/14 11:13:01 UTC

Re: exceeded limit of maxWarmingSearchers ERROR

Hi Naveen,
Iam also getting the similar problem where I do not know how to use the
commitWithin Tag, can you help me how to use commitWithin Tag. can you give
me the example

Re: exceeded limit of maxWarmingSearchers ERROR

Posted by Loka <lo...@zensar.in>.
Erickson,

Thanks for your reply, before your reply, I have googled and found the following and added under
<updateHandler class="solr.DirectUpdateHandler2"> tag of solrconfig.xml file.

<autoCommit>
    <maxTime>30000</maxTime>
  </autoCommit>

  <autoSoftCommit>
    <maxTime>10000</maxTime>
  </autoSoftCommit>

Is the above one is fine or should I go strictly as per ypur suggestion means as below:

<autoCommit>
       <maxTime>${solr.autoCommit.maxTime:15000}</maxTime>
       <openSearcher>false</openSearcher>
     </autoCommit>

    <!-- softAutoCommit is like autoCommit except it causes a
         'soft' commit which only ensures that changes are visible
         but does not ensure that data is synced to disk.  This is
         faster and more near-realtime friendly than a hard commit.
      -->

     <autoSoftCommit>
       <maxTime>${solr.autoSoftCommit.maxTime:10000}</maxTime>
     </autoSoftCommit>

Please confirm me.

But how can I check how much autowarming that Iam doing, as of now I have set the maxWarmingSearchers as 2, should I increase the value?

Regards,
Lokanadham Ganta

Where did you get that syntax? I've never seen that before.

What you want to configure is the "maxTime" in your
autocommit and autosoftcommit sections of solrconfig.xml,
as:

     <autoCommit>
       <maxTime>${solr.autoCommit.maxTime:15000}</maxTime>
       <openSearcher>false</openSearcher>
     </autoCommit>

    <!-- softAutoCommit is like autoCommit except it causes a
         'soft' commit which only ensures that changes are visible
         but does not ensure that data is synced to disk.  This is
         faster and more near-realtime friendly than a hard commit.
      -->

     <autoSoftCommit>
       <maxTime>${solr.autoSoftCommit.maxTime:10000}</maxTime>
     </autoSoftCommit>

And you do NOT want to commit from your client.

Depending on how long autowarm takes, you may still see this error,
so check how much autowarming you're doing, i.e. how you've
configured the caches in solrconfig.xml and what you
have for newSearcher and firstSearcher.

I'd start with autowarm numbers of, maybe, 16 or so at most.

Best,
Erick

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below: http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/exceeded-limit-of-maxWarmingSearchers-ERROR-tp3252844p4101203.html

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
You're using Solr 1.4? That's long enough ago that I've mostly forgotten
the quirks there, sorry.

Erick

Posted by Loka <lo...@zensar.in>.
Hi Erickson,

[...]

	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below: http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/exceeded-limit-of-maxWarmingSearchers-ERROR-tp3252844p4101220.html

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below: http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/exceeded-limit-of-maxWarmingSearchers-ERROR-tp3252844p4100924.html