Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Mathilde Pellerin <ma...@statlife.fr> on 2011/06/10 11:03:28 UTC

Component-targetted feedback message was left unrendered even if I add Feedback Panel

Hi all,

I have a form which can send error message (on validation or on submit) and
I try to show them in feedbak panel :
I try with FeedBack panel like this :
Java :
            add(new FeedbackPanel("feedbackPanelPassword"));

            Form<Void> formNouveauPwd =
creationFormChangementPwd(membre);
            add(formNouveauPwd);

HTML:
            <form wicket:id="changementPassword">
            [...]
            </form>

and I try with ComponentFeedbackPanel like this :
Java :
            formNouveauPwd.add(new
ComponentFeedbackPanel("feedbackPanelPassword", formNouveauPwd));

HTML :
            <form wicket:id="changementPassword">
wicket:id="feedbackPanelPassword"></span></td>
/></td>
/></td>
/></td>
                            <input wicket:id="boutonModifierPwd"
type="submit" value="Changer de mot de passe"/>
            </form>

but each time I have "Component-targetted feedback message was left
unrendered " error.
At the beginning, I thougth that I was these error because I had to forms in
my page. But then I test with only one form and errors still there and
feedbackPanel is not shown in my page.

I really don't understand why, because in another page my feedbackPanel
works well : the only difference is that it is in a panel component. But in
wicket documentation it doesn't seem necessary to have panel component to
feedbackPanel works...

Thanks.

--
*Mathilde Pellerin*
Ingénieur en développement de logiciel

STATLIFE
tel : 01.42.11.64.88
mail : mathilde.pellerin@statlife.fr

Re: Component-targetted feedback message was left unrendered even if I add Feedback Panel

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
http://www.jeremythomerson.com/blog/2011/01/catching-all-feedback-messages-that-arent-rendered-by-other-feedback-panels/
check whether this helps you

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

Re: Component-targetted feedback message was left unrendered even if I add Feedback Panel

Posted by Mathilde Pellerin <ma...@gmail.com>.
thanks ! I forget to override onError method in my AjaxButton...

now it works with FeedbackPanel, but doesn't work with
ComponentFeedbackPanel. I guess it's because each component send it's own
error on validation.

So I will try with Martin link, I think it can be very useful to me.

Thanks a lot both of you for your help !

2011/6/10 Andrea Del Bene <ad...@ciseonweb.it>

> No no, it doesn't interfere. But since you use ajax for form submitting you
> have to ensure that feedback panel is refreshed adding it to
> AjaxRequestTarget.
> Have you done it in your code?
>
>  Is Ajax interfering with feedback Panel?

 Mathilde Pellerin  Ingénieur en Génie Logiciel  Tél mobile :
06.60.78.79.03   E-mail
: mathilde.pellerin@gmail.com   Mon CV en ligne :
<http://www.mathilde-pellerin.fr/> http://www.mathilde-pellerin.fr/    Mes
liens :  <http://www.viadeo.com/fr/profile/mathilde.pellerin>
<http://fr.linkedin.com/in/mathildepellerin>

Re: Component-targetted feedback message was left unrendered even if I add Feedback Panel

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <ad...@ciseonweb.it>.

Posted by Mathilde Pellerin <ma...@statlife.fr>.
I don't have any ListView, but I use Ajax for form submitting.

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <ad...@ciseonweb.it>.
Hi Mathilde,