Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Roozbeh Zabihollahi <ya...@yahoo.com> on 2007/04/27 12:01:05 UTC

Tutorial Portlet deply

Dear All,
I am newby and please forgive me if my question is
silly. But please help . . .

I just read the tutorial documentation and I created a
portlet using following command:

PATH:\> mvn archetype:create
    -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.portals.jetspeed-2
    -DarchetypeArtifactId=application-archetype
    -DarchetypeVersion=2.1-dev
    -DgroupId=org.apache.portals.tutorials
    -DartifactId=express-demo
    -Dversion=1.0

The command created a directory containing a portlet
and some other things ( :-) ). Anyways, I build the
portlet using following command:

PATH:\> mvn

The command build the portlet and created a WAR file:
"express-demo-1.0.war". I renamed the file and copied
it to tomcat webapps folder. I had another portal
deployed named myportal in webapps folder, So, I
changed "default-page.psml" to contain this new born
portlet as well:

    <fragment id="dp-12" type="portlet"
name="express-demo::application">
      <property name="row" value="0" />
      <property name="column" value="0" />
    </fragment>

But I could not understand why the system is not
working. I do not know is I am going in correct way or
no. My portal (myportal) shows other portal in demo
and j2-admin correctly, but would not shows
express-demo portlets.

Could you please tell me how I could deploy new
portlets to a portal?

Thanks in advance,
* Roozbeh