Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by frank_dozer <kr...@yahoo.com> on 2007/12/22 18:33:36 UTC

Axis2 implementation

Hi,

I noticed that when using axis, just generate the stub part of the code is
enough to run web service. I was following this guide
http://wso2.org/library/1719

So when is the skeleton code generation is needed and under what condition.
I also noticed that the samples that came together with axis2 downloads does
not need stub and skeleton generation like the pojo sample.
And also some sample client uses RPC approach and was wondering whether RPC
is still current.
I am new at this so not sure which approach is more current. Planning to use
together with Spring.
Thanks.

Re: Axis2 implementation

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Frank

Its simple: if you want to CALL a service, use the Stub, if you want
to HOST a service, use the skeleton.

Regards,

Paul

On Dec 22, 2007 5:33 PM, frank_dozer <kr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed that when using axis, just generate the stub part of the code is
> enough to run web service. I was following this guide
> http://wso2.org/library/1719
>
> So when is the skeleton code generation is needed and under what condition.
> I also noticed that the samples that came together with axis2 downloads does
> not need stub and skeleton generation like the pojo sample.
> And also some sample client uses RPC approach and was wondering whether RPC
> is still current.
> I am new at this so not sure which approach is more current. Planning to use
> together with Spring.
> Thanks.

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair