Posted to users@isis.apache.org by james agada <ok...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/14 19:09:31 UTC

Is there an email service?

I want to send out notification when certain events happen. Is there an
event service to use or should one just use regular javamail? Is there a
way to use the publishing service?

Re: Is there an email service?

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
On 15 September 2013 08:33, GESCONSULTOR <o....@gesconsultor.com> wrote:

> You can find an email service on [1].
>
> ... though this is only really a demo, not something we formally release.

> I'm sure you've seen the info regarding the publishing service on [2]. Can
> you detail what you need to know?

For a production system, I'd recommend doing email via publishing
service... the reason being that calling an email service is not
transactional, whereas publishing is (if using the publishing service
offered by JDO, [3]), is.

Then you can use Camel, say, to send the emails asynchronously [4].

Dan

> [1] https://github.com/apache/isis/tree/master/example/domain-service
> [2] http://isis.apache.org/core/services/publishing-service.html

[3]
http://isis.apache.org/components/objectstores/jdo/publishing-service-jdo.html

[4] http://camel.apache.org/mail.html

Re: Is there an email service?

Posted by GESCONSULTOR <o....@gesconsultor.com>.
You can find an email service on [1].

I'm sure you've seen the info regarding the publishing service on [2]. Can you detail what you need to know?

HTH,

Oscar