Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Natalie <ns...@cidc.com> on 2012/05/25 16:41:47 UTC

Is it possible to include test-jar in the ear?

I have a project "presentation" with the following structure:

presentation
   src
      main
      test

In the target directory I am getting:

presentation-1.0.ear
presentation-1.0-tests.jar

What I would like to be able to do is to have test classes to be packages
inside the ear.
I was hoping that by specifying 'earSourceDirectory' it will put the test
files inside the ear, but it's not happening. Below is my pom.xml. Tnx!

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<project>
  <parent>
    <groupId>com.mycompany</groupId>
    <artifactId>maven</artifactId>
    <version>1.0</version>
  </parent>

  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <artifactId>presentation</artifactId>
  <name>Presentation</name>
  <version>1.0</version>
  <description>Generic presentation used to drive a Web-based
UI.</description>
  <properties>
    <resources.dir>${basedir}/src/main/resources</resources.dir>
  </properties>
  <packaging>ear</packaging>

  <build>
    <plugins>
     <plugin>
       <artifactId>maven-ear-plugin</artifactId>
       <version>2.2</version>
        <configuration>
            <earSourceDirectory>${basedir}/src/test</earSourceDirectory>
        </configuration>
     </plugin>

    </plugins>
  </build>
  <dependencies>

  </dependencies>
</project>

Re: Is it possible to include test-jar in the ear?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> What I would like to be able to do is to have test classes to be packages
> inside the ear.
> I was hoping that by specifying 'earSourceDirectory' it will put the test
> files inside the ear, but it's not happening. Below is my pom.xml. Tnx!

Generally, ears do not contain source code themselves, instead they
simply aggregate other jars and wars into a single ear file.

Move your test source code to another module, construct the test-jar
there, and then add a dependency on it in the ear project.

Wayne