Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by bing <ni...@hotmail.com> on 2012/02/01 04:59:48 UTC

Re: Multilingual search in multicore solr

Hi, Erick,

Thanks for your comment. Though I have some experience in Solr,  I am
completely a newbie in SolrJ, and haven't tried using SolrJ to access Solr.
For now, I have a src package of solr3.5.0, and a SolrJ sc downloaded from
web that I want to incorporate into Solr and have a try. How would I do to
build and run it? Where should I put the sc in the package? Is IDE a must to
do that?

I cannot find many start-up tutorials about that, thus would be grateful if
any suggestions and hints brought about.

Best
Bing

Closed -- Re: Multilingual search in multicore solr

Posted by bing <ni...@hotmail.com>.
Hi, Erick,

Thanks for commenting on this thread, and I think my problem has been
solved. I might start another thread raising technical questions about using
SolrJ.

Thank you again.

Best Regards,
Bing

Re: Multilingual search in multicore solr

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Eclipse and IntelliJ have free IDEs, both are good. Personally I prefer
IntelliJ.

Sorry, but I really can't coach you through the whole process from
the very start. I'll be happy to answer some specific questions. SolrJ
is a typical Java application, all the usual rules apply, the only tricky
part is getting your classpath pointing to the jars distributed with Solr.

Best
Erick