Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/13 17:42:03 UTC

Possible design flaw: Modeler has no "none" option for "PK generation Strategy"

As I rebuild my schemas on Oracle today, I notice that there's no way
to specify not to create a "PK generation Strategy" for a join table
with only dependent primary keys.

I was hoping that "default" would work, but I was expecting too much :)

Re: Possible design flaw: Modeler has no "none" option for "PK generation Strategy"

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Ok.  It did get "smarter" once I switched my join table primary keys
from "toMany" to "toOne".

I still think there should be a way to manually specify both "none"
and "auto pk table" primary key generation methods.   I'll open a post
1.2 jira issue.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.