Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Alex Winfield <7n...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/16 19:13:39 UTC

docs?

 Where should I look for the docs?

All of the examples point to dead links:
https://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/config-examples.html

Sample code online doesn't appear to actually work (%aspnet-context appears
to be parsed as just %a, with "spnet-context" as a static string).

I can see that there definitely is something for handling asp.net contexts (
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=logging-log4net.git;a=blob_plain;f=src/log4net/Layout/Pattern/AspNetContextPatternConverter.cs;hb=HEAD),
but I have no idea why it isn't working or what I need to do to enable it.

I'm just very confused on what format properties are available, which may
have been renamed over time, etc

I was able to get what I wanted to work using middleware, but it does feel
weird that there's so little documentation available.  I'd appreciate any
links that could help (I feel like this property is probably already
available and not need an entire middleware just to hook into log4net lol)