Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Steffen Breiler <st...@bt-server.de> on 2007/12/05 13:32:25 UTC

Problem with logging in an applet

Hey there,

I've come across a problem, which i wasn't able to resolve myself.
I wrote an applet using the httpclient, its in a JAR archive which is
signed.
The applet starts up and if it comes to the point of creating a httpclient
instance:
"HttpClient MyHTTPClient = new HttpClient();"

..it throws an exception:
"Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
(java.util.PropertyPermission
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.HashtableImpl read)"

I've read about this error somewhere, and that someone did a fix, which i
was unable to download.
I'm using the "commons-logging-1.1.1.jar". If there is a possible to disable
the logging
(don't need it anyway) i would be delighted to know. Or how could i fix this
problem?
Any suggestions are welcome.

Steffen