Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Bateman, Patrick eMEDIA" <Pa...@mytravel.com> on 2003/09/12 10:48:43 UTC

maven.junit.jvmargs and plugin.getDependencyPath Questions

I have two problems I need to solve :-

Test plugin properties :-

maven.junit.jvmargs=-Djava.security.policy=${basedir}/src/cfg/java.policy
-Djava.rmi.server.codebase="file:${maven.build.dest}/
file:${plugin.getDependencyPath('mtcom:mt-anite')}"

Maven debug output :-

 [junit] [DEBUG] Execute:Java13CommandLauncher: Executing
'/usr/j2se/jre/bin/java' with arguments:
'-Djava.security.policy=/export/home/users/pbateman/cvs/OR4092/mtcom-java/mt
-epm/src/cfg/java.policy'
'-Djava.rmi.server.codebase="file:/export/home/users/pbateman/cvs/OR4092/mtc
om-java/mt-epm/target/classes/'
'file:"'

Questions :-

1. The maven.junit.jvmargs is space delimited, but for the
java.rmi.server.codebase situation I want to provide a list of URIs
separated by space. The Jelly script tokenizes by space and thus treats each
URI as a separate JVM argument. How do I escape the space so that the Test
plugin does not attempt to split this argument into many arguments?

2. plugin.getDependencyPath() is not returning a dependency path for the
specified group and artefact ids. This dependency does exist in the current
POM. Any pointers would be greatfully recieved.

Thanks

Pat

Re: maven.junit.jvmargs and plugin.getDependencyPath Questions

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
"Bateman, Patrick eMEDIA" <Pa...@mytravel.com> wrote on
12/09/2003 06:48:43 PM:

> I have two problems I need to solve :-
>
> Test plugin properties :-

maven.junit.jvmargs=-Djava.security.policy=${basedir}/src/cfg/java.policy
> -Djava.rmi.server.codebase="file:${maven.build.dest}/
> file:${plugin.getDependencyPath('mtcom:mt-anite')}"
>
> Maven debug output :-
>
>  [junit] [DEBUG] Execute:Java13CommandLauncher: Executing
> '/usr/j2se/jre/bin/java' with arguments:

'-Djava.security.policy=/export/home/users/pbateman/cvs/OR4092/mtcom-java/mt
> -epm/src/cfg/java.policy'

'-Djava.rmi.server.codebase="file:/export/home/users/pbateman/cvs/OR4092/mtc
> om-java/mt-epm/target/classes/'
> 'file:"'
>
> Questions :-
>
> 1. The maven.junit.jvmargs is space delimited, but for the
> java.rmi.server.codebase situation I want to provide a list of URIs
> separated by space. The Jelly script tokenizes by space and thus treats
each
> URI as a separate JVM argument. How do I escape the space so that the
Test
> plugin does not attempt to split this argument into many arguments?

I don't think you can. We may need a new feature to specify the separator
for the properties.

> 2. plugin.getDependencyPath() is not returning a dependency path for the
> specified group and artefact ids. This dependency does exist in the
current
> POM. Any pointers would be greatfully recieved.

You've used some possibly conflicting language there.

"plugin.getDependencyPath()" - will only work from plugin.jelly

"This dependency does exist in the current POM"  - I'm assuming this is a
plugin's POM, not your projects?

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting