Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Adinata <ma...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/14 05:38:35 UTC

Scheduler defunct Long Running Task with LocalExecutor

Hi all,

I think I have problem with long running task in LocalExecutor, that make
other scheduler process become defunct.
I'm using airflow 1.7.1.3, and running airflow scheduler -n 20. When it's
on the defunct state, it's unable to schedule any tasks. Do you have any
possible solution?

Attached the screenshot in this email.

--
*Adinata*
Engineer - UrbanIndo.com

Re: Scheduler defunct Long Running Task with LocalExecutor

Posted by Adinata <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nadeem,

I think my scheduler stuck because there is a remaining running task in the
executor. I guess that's why the scheduler `defunct`-ed. It won't do to
restart the scheduler because it will kill the running task. I'm not using
CeleryExecutor, and I'm not planning on trying it.

@all
If I wasn't wrong, in master we don't need to do `n numruns` of scheduler.
Does it safe to run master in production? Any guide on how to install the
master version?

If you don't recommend to run master in production, is there any trade off
in running multiple scheduler instance (e.g., under supervisor) with single
parallelism configuration?

*Adinata*
TOKI 2009
SMAN Plus Provinsi Riau 9th