Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/02 18:46:44 UTC

A face-lift for 1.0

Heya,

In mind of the new release, I was thinking we should clean up our act a
little bit in regard to hbase.apache.org and our book. Just because the
project started in 2007 doesn't mean we need a site that looks like it's
from 2007. Phoenix's site looks great in this regard.

For the home page, I was thinking of converting it over to bootstrap [0] so
that it'll be easier to pick up theme, either on of our own or something
pre-canned [1]. I'm no web designer, but the idea is this would make it
easier for someone who is to help us out.

For the book, I just want to skin it -- no intention of changing docbook
part (such a decision I'll leave up to Misty). I'm less sure on this
project, but Riak's docs are a nice inspiration.

What do you think? Do we know any web designers who can help out with the
CSS?

-n

[0]: http://getbootstrap.com
[1]: https://wrapbootstrap.com/
[2]: http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/

Re: A face-lift for 1.0

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@apache.org>.
Let me know if you need or want any help.

Re: A face-lift for 1.0

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.
Sounds great.

Re: A face-lift for 1.0

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Re: A face-lift for 1.0

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Nice.

User API points to:
http://people.apache.org/~ndimiduk/site/apidocs/index.html

which corresponds to unreleased snapshot.

Should link to 0.98 / 1.0 be added somewhere ?

Cheers

Re: A face-lift for 1.0

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.
Any chance of fixing this by way of a contribution back to the maven-skin
maintainers? We can avoid bringing back the site.vm if we leave this in
their hands.

Re: A face-lift for 1.0

Posted by Dima Spivak <ds...@cloudera.com>.

Re: A face-lift for 1.0

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@apache.org>.

Re: A face-lift for 1.0

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.

Re: A face-lift for 1.0

Posted by Dima Spivak <ds...@cloudera.com>.

Re: A face-lift for 1.0

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.

Re: A face-lift for 1.0

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 11:04 PM, Misty Stanley-Jones <
mstanleyjones@cloudera.com> wrote:

> The beautiful new site is live! Thanks, Nick!

Thanks Nick -- looks good (and Misty for pushing).
St.Ack

Re: A face-lift for 1.0

Posted by Misty Stanley-Jones <ms...@cloudera.com>.
The beautiful new site is live! Thanks, Nick!

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 2:21 PM, Misty Stanley-Jones <

Re: A face-lift for 1.0

Posted by Misty Stanley-Jones <ms...@cloudera.com>.

Re: A face-lift for 1.0

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.