Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by da...@ontrenet.com on 2011/10/13 15:37:55 UTC

More new solr cloud questions

Hi,
  I have some questions about the 4.0 solr cloud implementation.

1. I want to have a large cloud of machines on a network. each machine
will
process data and write to its "local" solr server (node,shard or
whatever).
This is necessary because it won't be possible to have 100 machines with
100 threads
all writing to the same solr server URL (leader or whatever). It would
collapse.

2. I then want to do a distributed search from a single, well known solr
instance
and have all solr capabilities (MLT,IDF,facet,ranking, etc.) work as
intended -
but querying from all 100 solr instances in parallel.

Will this be possible?

thanks!
Darren

Re: More new solr cloud questions

Posted by Darren Govoni <da...@ontrenet.com>.
Great! Thank you. I'm eager to test it on EC2 whenever its near beta ready.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.