Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Felipe Leme <ja...@felipeal.net> on 2005/08/08 04:25:28 UTC

[RESULT] Future of the Jakarta Taglibs Project

Hi again,

Here are the results for my [VOTE] proposal:

Proposal 1: merge Jakarta Taglibs Project into this new project

5 +1 (Felipe Leme, Henri Yandell, Justyna Horwart, Martin Cooper, Abey
Mullassery)
1 +0 (Rahul Akolkar)

Notes: Hen said that we should move taglibs individually over to the new
project rather than the whole lot; Justina and Sam agreed

Conclusion: approved

Proposal 2: Jakarta Standard Taglibs should be a project of its ow

6 +1 (Felipe Leme, Henri Yandell, Justyna Horwart, Martin Cooper, Abey
Mullassery, Rahul Akolkar)

Conclusion: approved

Proposal 3: leave the other (than Standard) taglibs behind (i.e., leave
the code on CVS/SVN and create new taglibs from scratch)

6 +1 (Felipe Leme, Henri Yandell, Justyna Horwart, Martin Cooper, Abey
Mullassery, Rahul Akolkar)

Conclusion: approved

Proposal 4: Release a final version for each existing taglib left behind

2 +1 (Felipe Leme, Justyna Horwart, Abey Mullassery)
1 -0 (Henri Yandell)
2 -1 (Rahul Akolkar, Martin Cooper)

Conclusion: inconclusive :-(

So, I'm sending a message to the PMC stating that we decided that:

1.The Jakarta Taglibs Project would like to be merged into the new
Jakarta Web Commons (or whatever its named) project
2.The Jakarta Standard Taglib should be a project of its own
3.The remaining taglibs would be gradually migrated to the new project,
the most actives first
4.It's not decided yet if the migrated taglibs would have a newer
release prior to the migration

Finally, there is one thing that worries me at this moment: looks like
the new project is dormant, at least I haven't seen any message in the
General@Jakarta for a while. Hopefully this message will wake it up...

Regards,

Felipe

PS: sorry for the delay on sending the results, but I've been offline in
the last weeks as I just moved to a new house

Re: [RESULT] Future of the Jakarta Taglibs Project

Posted by Rahul P Akolkar <ak...@us.ibm.com>.
Felipe Leme <ja...@felipeal.net> wrote on 08/07/2005 10:25:28 PM:
<snip/>
> Proposal 4: Release a final version for each existing taglib left behind
>
> 2 +1 (Felipe Leme, Justyna Horwart, Abey Mullassery)
<snap/>

You meant 3.

<snip/>
> PS: sorry for the delay on sending the results, but I've been offline in

> the last weeks as I just moved to a new house
<snap/>

Congratulations!

-Rahul