Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Bryce Fischer <br...@berzerker-soft.com> on 2007/01/29 17:39:01 UTC

Current Date

Is there a way to use the current date in the POM? For example, I want
to put the current date in the manifest, so I would like to do
something like this:

           <plugin>
               <configuration>
                   <archive>
                       <manifest>

<addDefaultSpecificationEntries>true</addDefaultSpecificationEntries>

<addDefaultImplementationEntries>true</addDefaultImplementationEntries>
                       </manifest>
                       <manifestEntries>
                           <mode>development</mode>

<Implementation-Version>${pom.version}</Implementation-Version>
                           <Build-Date>${today}</Build-Date>
                       </manifestEntries>
                   </archive>
               </configuration>
           </plugin>

Thanks.
Bryce

Re: Current Date

Posted by Bryce Fischer <br...@berzerker-soft.com>.
Hi Greg. This looks to be exactly what I need. I will take a look at it.

RE: Current Date

Posted by Greg Jones <gr...@gkj.com.au>.
Bryce,

Take a look at the buildnumber plugin. I use it to generate a build date
each time I do a build, as follows:

     <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>maven-buildnumber-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>0.9.4</version>
        <configuration>
          <format>{0,date,yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss}</format>
          <items>
            <item>timestamp</item>
          </items>
          <doCheck>false</doCheck>
          <doUpdate>false</doUpdate>
        </configuration>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <phase>validate</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>create</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>

The build date is available as ${buildNumber} in my POMs and resource files.

A useful extension to this plugin would be the ability to specify the name
of the property to set so that you could use both a build number and a build
date.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Greg J.