Posted to users@camel.apache.org by benxs <bx...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2010/07/07 14:52:38 UTC

What to do after component java DSL source code is written?

Ok, in general I understand the source code shown on pages like:

http://camel.apache.org/walk-through-an-example.html

But the result is just a source code.
What to do next?

I guess I have to compile with something like

javac .... CamelJmsToFileExample.java

I will get a *.class file (or do I have to create a *.jar file?).

Where should I put it (in which ActiveMQ resp. Camel directory)?

Ben

Re: What to do after component java DSL source code is written?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 2:52 PM, benxs <bx...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Ok, in general I understand the source code shown on pages like:
>
> http://camel.apache.org/walk-through-an-example.html
>
> But the result is just a source code.
> What to do next?
>
> I guess I have to compile with something like
>
> javac .... CamelJmsToFileExample.java
>
> I will get a *.class file (or do I have to create a *.jar file?).

This is standard Java stuff. You need to understand how to compile and
package a camel application into a .jar file.

> Where should I put it (in which ActiveMQ resp. Camel directory)?

The jar should be dropped in a lib folder in AMQ somewhere.

> Ben

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/