Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> on 2014/11/26 05:22:20 UTC

[LOGO] site with Fluido skin and owl logo

I created a branch in svn to test in my own browser
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/site/branches/fluido/

and here is the "mvn site" result:
http://people.apache.org/~hboutemy/site-fluido-owl/

HTH

Regards,

Hervé

Re: [LOGO] site with Fluido skin and owl logo

Posted by Ryan Connolly <ry...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 26, 2014 2:33 PM, "Barrie Treloar" <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 26 November 2014 at 18:55, Stephen Connolly <
> stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I also think we should remove the side-bars (and perhaps switch to a top
> > bar menu) as they hinder mobile accessibility.
>

> I think the total number of people using a mobile phone to visit the maven
> website would be zero.

At least one anyway. I, myself often read docs on my phone browser, hence a
strong proponent of responsive UIs.  I can also confirm that the site
doesn't work very well due to layout issues on my phone.

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
yes
and IMHO, it should more be like RWD: ok to remove the side bars on mobile
phone, but keep them on desktop

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

--
Sent from my phone

Re: [LOGO] site with Fluido skin and owl logo

Posted by Raphael Ackermann <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Mark H. Wood" <mw...@IUPUI.Edu>.
On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 08:25:56AM +0000, Stephen Connolly wrote:
[snip]
> I also think we should remove the side-bars (and perhaps switch to a top
> bar menu) as they hinder mobile accessibility.

Aha!  This may explain why, at the very moment that 16:9 monitors are
becoming ubiquitous, websites are all being redesigned as a skinny
rivulet of text down the center of a broad snowfield.

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst

University Library
755 W. Michigan Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202
317-274-0749
www.ulib.iupui.edu

Re: [LOGO] site with Fluido skin and owl logo

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
If the vote is successful I'll commit the SVG originals, and we can slice
and dice, eg maybe keep the owl out of the top bar, add an owl favicon, and
rework the overly busy front page.

I also think we should remove the side-bars (and perhaps switch to a top
bar menu) as they hinder mobile accessibility. We can use hopscotch to let
people know where the stuff is, much like clicking the "Take a tour" button
on the junit.org site revamp I did.

On Wednesday, 26 November 2014, Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> wrote:

> I created a branch in svn to test in my own browser
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/site/branches/fluido/
>
> and here is the "mvn site" result:
> http://people.apache.org/~hboutemy/site-fluido-owl/
>
> HTH
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé

Sent from my phone

Re: [LOGO] site with Fluido skin and owl logo

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
If the vote is successful I'll commit the SVG originals, and we can slice
and dice, eg maybe keep the owl out of the top bar, add an owl favicon, and
rework the overly busy front page.

I also think we should remove the side-bars (and perhaps switch to a top
bar menu) as they hinder mobile accessibility. We can use hopscotch to let
people know where the stuff is, much like clicking the "Take a tour" button
on the junit.org site revamp I did.

On Wednesday, 26 November 2014, Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> wrote:

> I created a branch in svn to test in my own browser
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/site/branches/fluido/
>
> and here is the "mvn site" result:
> http://people.apache.org/~hboutemy/site-fluido-owl/
>
> HTH
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé

Sent from my phone

Re: [LOGO] site with Fluido skin and owl logo

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Look great!

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>