Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Hackett, Jonny E" <jo...@escout.com> on 2001/04/12 20:15:54 UTC

problems with build.sh

Hello, newbie here...

I seem to be having problems building the source for Jetspeed.  I'm using
Redhat7.0, I have jdk1.3.0_02, the latest version of ant, servletapi, and
tomcat installed.

I have everything installed under /usr/local/jakarta:

/jakarta-ant
/jakarta-servletapi

$JAVA_HOME is /usr/local/jdk1.3.0_02

I'm attempting to build it under /usr/local/jakarta/Jetspeed and whenever I
try to run ./build.sh webapp I get the following error:

[root@localhost build]# ./build.sh webapp
bash: ./build.sh: No such file or directory

Any ideas?  I know build.sh is there, it's executable, etc.

Thanks for any help
-jonny

Re: problems with build.sh

Posted by Ken'ichi Unnai <ke...@yahoo.com>.
--- Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com> wrote:

> I think it is due to build.sh having DOS end of line (^M^J instead of
> ^J) (I don't know if it came like this from cvs or got it there some
> other way. This causes problems with execution under linux.

I know there's a handy shell script code which can strip these charactors.
This is available at  w3c webiste.
http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/

----start shell script code----
#!/bin/sh
echo Stripping Carriage Returns from files...
for i
do
        # If a writable file
        if [ -f $i ]
        then
                if [ -w $i ]
                then
                        echo $i
                        # strip CRs from input and output to temp file
                        tr -d '\015' < $i > toix.tmp
                        mv toix.tmp $i
                else
                        echo $i: write-protected
                fi
        else
                echo $i: not a file
        fi
done
----end of shell script code----

Save this script to a file, e.g. "scripcr" and use "chmod +x stripcr" to make
it executable. You can then run it as "stripcr build.sh"

Hope this helps,
Ken

Re: problems with build.sh

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.