Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Tsuyoshi SASAMOTO <na...@super.win.ne.jp> on 2002/08/20 07:35:31 UTC

Re: Perchild on Solaris

>Having just first seen your original post a few seconds ago, I
>wanted to point out a couple problems with the test you performed.
>The first problem is you had the client and the server on the
>same machine, which means that they were fighting each other
>for timeslices, which is bad. The second problem is AB isn't
>the greatest tool for measuring performance and concurrency. It
>is useful for a quick test, and for single-threaded performance,
>but terrible at testing the various threaded MPMs.

Thanks... I agree your suggestion, but currently,
I don't have good 2 machines (one for server, other for client)
that are suitable for load test.

So, absolute values of those result are not so meaningful,
and I want those result to be treated as a relative comparison
between T1 and T2 thread lib.

Tsuyoshi SASAMOTO
nazonazo@super.win.ne.jp