Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Jialin Qiao <qi...@apache.org> on 2020/01/02 02:21:01 UTC

Add a doc (in Chinese) for How to check a release

Hi,

I've added a "How to Check a Release and vote" documents in Chinese to help
others vote for the release.

The PR is:  https://github.com/apache/incubator-iotdb/pull/702

Happy new year!
--
—————————————————
Jialin Qiao

乔嘉林
清华大学 软件学院

Re: Add a doc (in Chinese) for How to check a release

Posted by Lei Rui <ne...@163.com>.
Hi,

> me too, never upload or download public key successfully
I would suggest trying this command, which works for me:
```
gpg --keyserver p80.pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys 28662AC6
```

I think there is a more convenient way for users to import the managers' keys, as described in the beginning of [1]:
> Users: gpg --import KEYS
If you use the release tool [2] borrowed from the PLC4X Project, you will find the similar command in line 139:
> gpg --import ${BUILDTOOLS_DIR}/${DST_BASE_DIR}/KEYS

Regards,
Lei Rui

[1] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/iotdb/KEYS
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-iotdb/blob/master/tools/download_staged_release.sh

On 1/2/2020 10:33,Xiangdong Huang<sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
OK... It works for me..
By the way, I think Justin's experience can also be indexed [1].

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/0136167d80e60fdfb67d871bf30119c99b22340c6076fd5843d46d18%40%3Cdev.iotdb.apache.org%3E
-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

黄向东
清华大学 软件学院

Boris Zhu <zh...@gmail.com> 于2020年1月2日周四 上午10:31写道:

me too, never upload or download public key successfully

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 10:29 AM Jialin Qiao <qi...@apache.org> wrote:

Hi,

This is because I never import the keys successfully using "gpg2
--recv-keys xxxx", it just got stuck. I can add this option if it works
for
someone.

Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> 于2020年1月2日周四 上午10:25写道:

Hi Jialin,

Good job. But "how to download a new RM's PGP key" can be improved.

If you remind my document [1],  you will find that using `gpg2
--recv-keys
KEY_ID` can get a new public key directly.

e.g., Lei Rui's public key is 28662AC6, so just run `gpg2 --recv-keys
28662AC6`.  The id can be get from IoTDB's KEYS file.

By the way, @Lei Rui, as a new RM, you'd better show where to get the
new
KEYS file in your vote mail, i.e., [2].

[1]

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IOTDB/How+to+certify+someone%27s+GPG+key+in+Chinese
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/iotdb/KEYS

Best,
-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang

Jialin Qiao <qi...@apache.org> 于2020年1月2日周四 上午10:21写道:

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
OK... It works for me..

Posted by Boris Zhu <zh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jialin Qiao <qi...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
—————————————————

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
And I suggest you add the English version URL written by Julian in your
document [1]. Like "For non-Chinese users, please read [1]".

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IOTDB/Validating+a+staged+Release

Best,
Xiangdong Huang