Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by "Rade, Joerg / Kuehne + Nagel / Ham GI-DP" <Jo...@Kuehne-Nagel.com> on 2017/09/22 11:19:24 UTC

Kotlin archetye (WAS: AW: Complaints against Lombok?)

Hi,

changing (part of) a development environment is always effort.

For me switching to IntelliJ already pays off and I'll give Kotlin a try too.

I assume mixing languages would be possible as well?

Best regards
Jörg
Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Hi Jorg,

it's certainly possible to mix Kotlin and Java, pretty much seamlessly,
even on a file-by-file basis.  For anyone not in the know, this is
JetBrains language and so it has had deep integration with the IntelliJ IDE
from the off.

I recommend the Talking Kotlin podcast [1] to learn some more about the
language and how it's being used.

Cheers
Dan

[1] http://talkingkotlin.com/