Posted to users@maven.apache.org by miro <mi...@yahoo.com> on 2008/08/24 19:27:14 UTC

new bee

I  never used maven , I am wondering if I can download  src jar files for my
current porject using maven ?
Its an old project and  dont know what version it is using and debugging
always is trouble with out src, so can maven help get all the available src
for my third prty libs ?

Re: new bee

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
If you convert your build to Maven (from whatever you are using now),
you can specify the exact version of the various third-party tools you
are using. Then there is no checking the manifest file.

And assuming those third-party jars have published sources in the
Maven repo, they can be automatically pulled down for use in an IDE
like Eclipse, Netbeans, etc.

Wayne

Re: new bee

Posted by miro <mi...@yahoo.com>.