Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Matthew Wilson <wi...@yahoo.com.au.INVALID> on 2024/02/17 03:00:29 UTC

NiFi Manual Keystore - Generate cluster node certificate chain

Hi Devs,
Recently found that in the steps to create Manual Keystore the step 6 for "Generate cluster node certificate chain" currently shows as:
cat ca.cer nifi1.cer >nifi1.chain.cercat ca.cer nifi2.cer >nifi2.chain.cer

However this creates the chain.cer files incorrectly which generates  the error :error:05800074:x509 certificate routines:X509_check_private_key:key values mismatch:crypto/x509/x509_cmp.c:408:
When running step 8 "Generate cluster node keystore"
Correct syntax for step 6 that works is below:
cat nifi1.cer ca.cer >nifi1.chain.cercat nifi2.cer ca.cer >nifi2.chain.cer
Reference URL Page: https://nifi.apache.org/documentation/nifi-2.0.0-M2/html/walkthroughs.html#manual-keystore

Please review and correct documentation as appropriate.  If you need more, information let me know.

Kind Regards,
Matthew WilsonEmail: wilsonmpp@yahoo.com.au

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorised to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

Re: NiFi Manual Keystore - Generate cluster node certificate chain

Posted by Matthew Hawkins <ha...@gmail.com>.
A reminder I tossed up a gist over here with a java keytool version of a
local CA with a NiFi bent:

https://gist.github.com/hawko2600/922b727634784614465b83e52ec2be52

For clusters, you just need a key per host and share them around the common
truststore.jks

Consider it Apache License 2.0.

Posted by Paul Grey <gr...@gmail.com>.
Matthew,