Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Nathan Johanson <na...@tcpnetworks.net> on 2004/02/05 20:33:56 UTC

Sandgnat.com Down - RulesDuJour Affected

I noticed this morning that the sandgnat.com domain has expired
(apparently in December). This does seem to affect the ruledujour
scripts, as it just sits there presumably timing out on this domain (as
part of its self-update checks).

I noticed this when I tried to download an updated version of the
my_rules_du_jour script.

I'm sure Chris is already aware of this, but thought I would bring it to
the list's attention.

Nathan

Re: Sandgnat.com Down - RulesDuJour Affected

Posted by Chris Thielen <cm...@someone.dhs.org>.
Nathan Johanson said:
> I noticed this morning that the sandgnat.com domain has expired
> (apparently in December). This does seem to affect the ruledujour
> scripts, as it just sits there presumably timing out on this domain (as
> part of its self-update checks).
>
> I noticed this when I tried to download an updated version of the
> my_rules_du_jour script.
>
> I'm sure Chris is already aware of this, but thought I would bring it to
> the list's attention.
>
> Nathan

Sorry, all.

My mail and www servers (sandgnat.com) are running off my DSL line at
home.  Somebody was digging in the area and my entire neighborhood lost
power and phone connectivity.  Power was restored quickly and it looks
like phone was just restored.

I'm going to run some tests regarding RDJ not working properly if the
auto-update check fails and hopefully release a bugfix (probably early
next week).  However, I can't think off the top of my head why RDJ might
not finish updating the rules files after timing out looking for
sandgnat.com (I don't have the script in front of me right now).  If I
remember correctly, nothing should be output for the "RDJ auto update"
code on failure.

--
Chris Thielen

Easily generate SpamAssassin rules to catch obfuscated spam phrases
(0BFU$C/\TED SPA/\/\ P|-|RA$ES):
http://www.sandgnat.com/cmos/