Posted to stonehenge-dev@incubator.apache.org by Chintana Wilamuna <ch...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/07 11:48:27 UTC

PHP StockTrader in the cloud

Hi,

We've configured PHP StockTrader to run on Windows Azure and use SQL
Azure as the database. Had to change some codes here and there to use
the new php_sqlsrv driver. Here's the publicly accessible URL with
default passwords.

http://wso2wsastest1.cloudapp.net/php_stocktrader/trader_client/index.php

Bye,

    -Chintana

--
http://engwar.com/

RE: PHP StockTrader in the cloud

Posted by Pablo Cibraro <Pa...@tellago.com>.
Microsoft announced a new "Virtual Machine" role for Windows Azure in the recent PDC. It's basically a VM with Windows 2008 where you should able to install anything you like. I think that would be an option to run the java application.

Regards,
Pablo.

Posted by Jiandong Guo <Ji...@Sun.COM>.
We have done similar thing for Metro with Azure with security enabled:
http://developers.sun.com/learning/javaoneonline/j1sessn.jsp?sessn=TS-4617&yr=2009&track=nextweb

Thanks!

Jiandong

Posted by Kent Brown <Ke...@microsoft.com>.
Sorry, here is the url:
http://stocktraderazure.cloudapp.net/.

Lenni Lobel (who works with Ben at 26NY) did the migration.

Posted by Kent Brown <Ke...@microsoft.com>.

Posted by Chintana Wilamuna <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ming Jin <sk...@gmail.com>.
Cool.

Is it available to deploy other implementations to the Windows Azure?

Well, .NET version is absolutely fine. How about the Java version?

I found this blog(
http://blog.smarx.com/posts/does-windows-azure-support-java) says Windows
Azure doesn't officially support Java currently, you need to include
java.exe as the local executable in the deployment as well.

Is it true?

Kind Regards,
Ming

--