Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by de...@pnb.com.ph on 2006/07/12 09:50:43 UTC

[Axis2] How to restrict user access on exposed methods

Hi,

        Currently, to control user access on exposed methods in my
WebServices, I pass username/password together with the parameters of the
exposed method.   Is there a better way to do this? Any advise would be
helpful.

thank you,

Joseph

Re: [Axis2] How to restrict user access on exposed methods

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Did you mean to ask how to control access to the methods after they
are exposed ? If this is part of the business logic then you will have
to do it your way.
You can also try doing this by operation context injection since for
basic authentication the  user name and password gets copied to the
message context.
Please see [1] for an explanation of how to do context injection

Ajith
[1] http://www.wso2.net/kb/106

On 7/12/06, Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk> wrote:
> Hi ;
>
> Add following entry into services.xml
>
> <excludeOperations>
>
> <operation>op1</operation>
>
> </excludeOperations>
>

> delapenajs@pnb.com.ph wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> >         Currently, to control user access on exposed methods in my
> > WebServices, I pass username/password together with the parameters of
> > the exposed method.   Is there a better way to do this? Any advise
> > would be helpful.
> >

> > thank you,
> >
> > Joseph

> Deepal
> ~Future is Open~

Ajith Ranabahu

Re: [Axis2] How to restrict user access on exposed methods

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi ;

delapenajs@pnb.com.ph wrote:

> Hi,
>
>         Currently, to control user access on exposed methods in my
> WebServices, I pass username/password together with the parameters of
> the exposed method.   Is there a better way to do this? Any advise
> would be helpful.
>

> thank you,
>
> Joseph

Deepal