Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Gregory Payne <gp...@artium.com> on 2003/06/13 04:07:26 UTC

Error accessing mail via POP3 (MySQL problem?)

I am using James 2.1a1-cvs on Redhat Linux 7.2 with the Sun JDK 1.4.

This installation has run flawlessly for several months now (just 6
users for now, will be moving more over later).  Today, I saw the
following error when trying to access mail (via POP3):

java.sql.SQLException: General error: Can't open file: 'inbox.MYD'.
(errno: 145)        at org.gjt.mm.mysql.MysqlIO.sendCommand(Unknown Source)
        at org.gjt.mm.mysql.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(Unknown Source)
        at org.gjt.mm.mysql.Connection.execSQL(Unknown Source)
        at org.gjt.mm.mysql.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository.list(JDBCMailRepository.java:743)
        at
org.apache.james.pop3server.POP3Handler.stat(POP3Handler.java:377)
        at
org.apache.james.pop3server.POP3Handler.doPASS(POP3Handler.java:504)
        at
org.apache.james.pop3server.POP3Handler.parseCommand(POP3Handler.java:436)
        at
org.apache.james.pop3server.POP3Handler.handleConnection(POP3Handler.java:256)
        at
org.apache.james.util.connection.ServerConnection$ClientConnectionRunner.run(ServerConnection.java:404)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.ExecutableRunnable.execute(ExecutableRunnable.java:47)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:80)

 From Mozilla (1.0.1) I get the following error:
The STAT command did not succeed. Mail server artium.com responded;
Error closing connection.

I haven't changed anything on the server machine or the James installation.

Obviously this is some sort of database problem, but any clues or
suggestions how to fix this?

Thanks,

Gregory Payne
Artium Technologies, Inc.

RE: Error accessing mail via POP3 (MySQL problem?)

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

See: http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Maintenance_regimen.html

> Also, just want say thanks to the James developers

You are welcome.  And thank you for your comments.  :-)

	--- Noel

Re: Error accessing mail via POP3 (MySQL problem?)

Posted by Gregory Payne <kg...@transbay.net>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>>java.sql.SQLException: General error: Can't open file: 'inbox.MYD'.
>>

>(errno: 145)        > Obviously this is some sort of database problem, but
>any clues or
>

>>suggestions how to fix this?
>>

>See: http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Table_maintenance.html
>
>	--- Noel

Noel,

Thanks for the tip - this fixed the problem.  Any thoughts on what would
have caused this or how to prevent it in the future?

Also, just want say thanks to the James developers - we're a small
company (we design and manufacture research instrumentation) and James
has been a great email server.  So far it doesn't get much mail, but
hopefully that will start to change when we roll out our first product.

Thanks again,

Greg

RE: Error accessing mail via POP3 (MySQL problem?)

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.