Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de> on 2004/03/21 12:10:14 UTC

Re: cvs commit: db-ojb/src/xdoclet/java/src/xdoclet/modules/ojb/model ClassDescriptorDef.java CollectionDescriptorDef.java ColumnDef.java ColumnWithIdComparator.java DefBase.java DefBaseComparator.java FeatureDescriptorDef.java FieldDescriptorDef.java FieldWithIdComparator.java ForeignkeyDef.java IndexDef.java IndexDescriptorDef.java ModelDef.java NestedDef.java ObjectCacheDef.java ProcedureArgumentDef.java ProcedureDef.java PropertyHelper.java ReferenceDescriptorDef.java TableDef.java TorqueModelDef.java

Hi John,

I think Brian always removed the earlier copyright years from the
license notice.

Is this a problem? I can't see any harm in it. But I'm not a laywer...
If it is a problem we'll have to touch all files again...

Thomas

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de>.
Hi again Brian

Brian McCallister wrote:
> The python script provided via the committers modules stripped em for
> me, so I doubt we are the only ones who had it happen =(
>
> If we need them back I can toss together another script to look back
> through cvs for each file, find the correct starting year if its there,
> and apply it. Technically I think we should have it, but I am far from
> a lawyer and generally don't beg for extra work =)

pooh, sounds like a lot of work without real benefit.

> Does the date need to be correct based on when the file was created, or
> just since Apache has held the copyright? If since Apache has held the
> copyright this is pretty easy to do, if since file creation/initial cvs
> checkin that is trickier -- though still certainly doable.

sounds much better to me.
OJB joined Apache in 2002. so I simply suggest to keep 2002 - 2004 in
the copyright notice.

John, what do you say? I'd like to have a quick decision on this to ask
the PMC about permission for the 1.0 release.

have a nice day,
Thomas

> -Brian
>
> On Mar 21, 2004, at 6:10 AM, Thomas Mahler wrote:
>
>> Hi John,
>>
>> I think Brian always removed the earlier copyright years from the
>> license notice.
>>
>> Is this a problem? I can't see any harm in it. But I'm not a laywer...
>> If it is a problem we'll have to touch all files again...
>>
>> Thomas
>>
>> John McNally wrote:
>>
>>> I notice on these changes you chose to remove prior copyright years. I
>>> only looked at one example, so maybe that was an anomaly?
>>> The usual process is to maintain the years in copyright.  So that you
>>> might have for example
>>> 2001,2003-2004
>>> or
>>> 2001,2004