Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Gernot Koller <gr...@gmx.at> on 2003/01/21 18:14:06 UTC

Various redirect problems with different WAS versions

Hi!

I already posted a similar problem some months ago...

The redirect mechansim seems not to work correctly on
IBM Websphere Application Servers.

I just tried out the simple redirect from "http://localhost:8080/cocoon/samples/"
to "http://local:8080/cocoon/samples/welcome" with different results on
differend versions of WAS.

Using the new (beta) IBM Websphere Studio Application Developer
Integration Edition 5.0 and WAS 5.0 Test Environment the URL:

"http://localhost:8080/cocoon/samples/" redirects wrongly
to "http://localhost:9080/cocoon/welcome" (loosing the "samples" part)

which is different from earlier troubles with WSAD 4.1 and WAS 4.0 Test
Environment, where the resulting URL was

"http://localhost:8080/cocoon/cocoon/samples/welcome"
(doubling the "cocoon" part)

and even weirder: using WSAD 5.0 and the integrated WAS 4.0
Test Environment results in:

"http://localhost:8080/cocoon/scocoon/samples/welcome"
(the "s" in "scocoon" is not a typo !!)

Looking at theese manifold results it seems hard to blame cocoon...

Anyway, a quick (& dirty) workaround would be urgently needed!

I do understand, that you guys probably won't have access to a WAS
for trying it out, least of all the new WAS 5.0EE beta version.
So if you might provide a small sample sniplet demonstrating how you
would expect the WAS to behave,  - being an official WAS 5.0EE beta
tester -  I might be able to get/provide some useful feedback from
the IBM guys...

thanks a lot in advance !

Gernot