Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it> on 2007/04/04 09:37:33 UTC

Refactoring the ui of the Store Shipping screens

With rev. 525223 I've started the cleanup and refactoring of the Store
Shipping screens.
I've added a new tab where you can manage shipping *estimates* and I've
pulled the old forms about estimates from the existing Shipping screen.
The new screen is entirely based on widgets (no bsh and ftl artifacts).
Now I'd like to focus on the Store Shipment method section, this is what
I'd like to do:

* move the forms to manage the ShipmentMethodType entity outside of the
store screens/menu in a new top level menu/screen
* move the forms to manage the CarrierShipmentMethod entity outside of
the store screens/menu in a new top level menu/screen
* refactor the screens to manage the ProductStoreShipmentMeth entity to
use widgets

Since adding two new top level menus to the Catalog application could be
confusing, we should probably consider to group together under a
"Shipping Setup" top level menu the following screens:

* quantity breaks
* (the upcoming) ShipmentMethodType admin screen
* (the upcoming) CarrierShipmentMethod admin screen

What do you think?

Jacopo

Re: Refactoring the ui of the Store Shipping screens

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Either way, it's great to see this stuff getting cleaned up. It's a
pretty confusing set of old stuff.

-David