Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/15 03:52:36 UTC

Archetypes

I now know how to make archetypes.

1) Make a project that looks like:

git://github.com/bimargulies/cxf-jaxrs-archetype.git

2) run mvn archetype:create-from-project

3) clean out unwanted cruft.

4) check in.

Should we make a home in SVN for these archetype-originals?

Re: Archetypes

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
> Does it really matter?   The entire "step 3" above kind of makes it so we
> cannot just re-generate the archetypes from the originals very easily again.

I dunno. Step 3 is pretty small potatoes compared to building up the
project in the first place.

But I asked this question to find out what you thought ...

> If you want, we can create someplace (likely outside of trunk, maybe
> "cxf/archetype-templates" or similar) to put them.   Doesn't really matter to
> me.

.. and this is fine as a plan.

Re: Archetypes

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.