Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> on 2002/12/17 18:22:39 UTC

Module path-mapping limitation

Is there a bug that I can reference (in my writing) for the limitation
that modules can only be used with extension-mapping (*.do) rather than
path-mapping (/do/*)?

If this has been fixed, please let me know.

Matt

Re: Module path-mapping limitation

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
It's not so much a bug as a design flaw. The current approach to
prepending the module is under-designed and just jams it in.
Though, I keep meaning to check whether the template feature we
added later ($M$P) could be used to get around this somehow.

-Ted.

help@jakarta.apache.org>

RE: Module path-mapping limitation

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
I don't really *need* this feature personally, so I'm probably not
justified in submitting an enhancement request.  If I do decide to
develop a module as part of my sample application, I'll try switching
from *.do to /do/* and then log a bug if I feel it's necessary.

Thanks,

Matt

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.