Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Himanshu <hi...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/07 08:35:17 UTC

karaf re-branding is not working

I have this in my custom.properties in etc folder:

#
# All the values specified here will override the default values given
# in config.properties.
#

karaf.systemBundlesStartLevel=50

org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra = \
    org.aricent.scl.m2mbranding.service, \
    com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax, \
    com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.dom, \
    com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp, \
    com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.xni

and this in branding.properties in directory structure
org.aricent.scl.m2mbranding.service:

welcome = \
\n\
\u001B[1m MyPlatform \u001B[0m (1.0.0)\n\
\n\
Hit '\u001B[1m<tab>\u001B[0m' for a list of available commands\n\
   and '\u001B[1m[cmd] --help\u001B[0m' for help on a specific command.\n

prompt = Office@admin>

It is in MyBranding-0.0.1 in lib folder.

But my karaf prompt or welcome message is not being replaced.

Re: karaf re-branding is not working

Posted by Himanshu <hi...@gmail.com>.
kk

Thanks for sharing knowledge

Re: karaf re-branding is not working

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Yes,

Karaf is looking for the org.apache.karaf.branding package.

The branding.properties in the etc folder is new feature coming in 3.0.2:
- first, Karaf looks for KARAF_ETC/branding.properties
- if the file is not found, it falls back in
org.apache.karaf.branding.branding.properties file.

Regards
JB

On 08/07/2014 09:24 AM, Himanshu wrote:
> Hey
>
> Renaming it back to org.apache.karaf.branding worked.
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> But is it necessary, i mean when i have updated export-package in pom and
> i have also updated custom.properties to my package name. Then it should
> work.
>
> Do karaf search for package name. If yes then why it is mentioned above that
> it will run even if we place branding.properties directly in etc folder?

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: karaf re-branding is not working

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

the extra package has to be org.apache.karaf.branding and you bundle has
to export this package:

                         <Export-Package>
                             org.apache.karaf.branding
                         </Export-Package>

In your bundle, you have to define
src/main/resources/org/apache/karaf/branding containing the
branding.properties with the welcome properties (prompt can be avoided).

Regards
JB

On 08/07/2014 09:11 AM, Himanshu wrote:
> yes except one thing:
>
> instead of
>
> org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra = \
> org.apache.karaf.branding
>
> i have used:
>
> org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra = \
>      org.aricent.scl.m2mbranding.service; \
>      com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax; \
>      com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.dom; \
>      com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp; \
>      com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.xni
>
> which has my package name:
> org.aricent.scl.m2mbranding.service
>
> and other  packages are mentioned in Readme of branding in demos.
>
> I want to mention that branding module of demos is working fine.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: karaf re-branding is not working

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Charles,

it's no more mandatory: the branding.properties can by put directly in
the etc folder.

You have to put the welcome and prompt properties in a
etc/branding.properties file.

To be able to use directly the etc/branding.properties, you have to use
3.0.2-SNAPSHOT or 2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.

If you use 2.3.6 or 3.0.1, you have to provision a branding bundle as
explained in the dev guide.

Regards
JB

--