Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Andrew B <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/03 22:04:28 UTC

optional parameters

Hello,

I am using iBATIS 2.3.0. I want to map a query for a report, that will have some optional selection criteria. If I map the query with these criteria as parameters, and then send null values for ones the user has not selected, will SQL Map leave them out of the query? Or, if not, is there a way to do this? (I want to avoid using a stored procedure if possible).

Thanks,

Andrew B

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: optional parameters

Posted by Jared Blitzstein <ma...@blitzstein.net>.
Check out "Dynamic Mapped Statements" in the documentation on page
49, specifically the isNotNull. Here is the example it lists:

<select id="dynamicGetAccountList"
                             resultMap="account-result" >
     select * from ACCOUNT
     <dynamic prepend="WHERE">
       <isNotNull prepend="AND" property="firstName"
         open=”(“ close=”)”>
         ACC_FIRST_NAME = #firstName#
         <isNotNull prepend="OR" property="lastName">
           ACC_LAST_NAME = #lastName#
         </isNotNull>
       </isNotNull>
       <isNotNull prepend="AND" property="emailAddress">
         ACC_EMAIL like #emailAddress#
       </isNotNull>
       <isGreaterThan prepend="AND" property="id" compareValue="0">
         ACC_ID = #id#
       </isGreaterThan>
     </dynamic>
     order by ACC_LAST_NAME