Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Subrahmanyam MadhavaBotla <ma...@persistent.com> on 2016/06/01 09:54:35 UTC

How can we incrementally build the solr suggestions

Hi Team,

We are using Solr suggestions based on indexed terms.
However, We see only two options for building solr suggestion.. commit... on start. .
We understand that these will completely rebuild the suggestions every time these are called..
How can we incrementally build the solr suggestions.. is there any configuration we can supply for this?

Thanks and Regards,
Subrahmanyam MadhavaBotla
Senior Product Engineer | Products | Accelerite
madhava_subrahmnyam@persistent.co.in<ma...@persistent.co.in> | Cell: +91-9923051689 | Tel: +91-712-6691129 | IT PARK NAGPUR
Persistent Systems Ltd. Partners in Innovation | www.persistent.co.in<http://www.persistent.co.in/>

DISCLAIMER

Re: How can we incrementally build the solr suggestions

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
In a word "no". However, there is a _third_ option which is to explicitly
build the suggesters on whatever schedule you want by issuing
(using cURL or the like, perhaps with a cron job) where the
URL looks something like
http://localhost:8983/solr/techproducts/suggest?suggest=true&suggest.build=true&

Best,
Erick