Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com> on 2012/11/05 07:22:55 UTC

Incubator Board Report Due Nov 7th.

Hi folks,
 We need to send in our incubator report - here's what I have. Please
let me know if you have any other changes you want to mention.

Ambari

Ambari is monitoring, administration and lifecycle management project
for Apache Hadoop clusters.

- Incubating since 30 August 2011.
- Ambari 0.9 released.
- Working towards the next release - target date sometime in end
Nov/early December
- AMBARI-666 branch created to allow a more flexible architecture -
goal is to merge it to trunk for the next release
- More than 270 jiras have been fixed on AMBARI-666

Issues that must be addressed before graduation are:

  - Making a release
  - Attracting users and developers
  - Increase diversity of developers outside of Hortonworks
================

thanks
mahadev

Re: Incubator Board Report Due Nov 7th.

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.
+1

you might consider adding the number of subscribers on the dev and user
lists.

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Kan,
 Definitely. We'll upload one ASAP.

mahadev

Posted by Kan Zhang <kz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Kan,

Posted by Kan Zhang <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks for the feedback.

Here finalized board report that I submitted to:
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/November2012

Ambari

Ambari is monitoring, administration and lifecycle management project
for Apache Hadoop clusters.

- Incubating since 30 August 2011.
- Ambari 0.9 released.
- Working towards the next release - target date sometime in end
Nov/early December
- One new PPMC member added - Yusaku Sako
- AMBARI-666 branch created to allow a more flexible architecture -
goal is to merge it to trunk for the next release
- More than 270 jiras have been fixed on AMBARI-666
- Number of users on the list - 85
- Number of devs on the list - 67

Posted by Devaraj Das <dd...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.