Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rob Cartier <rc...@snet.net> on 2001/08/22 12:27:10 UTC

Help: Can't build mod_jserv.so for tomcat

I have downloaded the source for tomcat 3.2.3 and am trying
to build the mod_jserv.so module.

But no matter what I do I get the following error:

apxs:Error: @sbindir@httpd not found or executable

or

apxs: Error @LIBEXECDIR@ not found or executable

any ideas or does someone have a generic module for use
with tomcat 3.2.3 and apache 1.3.19-5  (RH 7.1 distribution)

Rob

Re: Help: Can't build mod_jserv.so for tomcat

Posted by Jonathan Eric Miller <to...@shark.uchicago.edu>.
I'm pretty sure that it's no longer recommended that people use mod_jserv. I
think mod_jk replaced it, or maybe there is something even newer?

Jon