Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu> on 2006/07/25 22:56:22 UTC

car-maven-plugin error

So here's a different error I got when trying to use the
car-maven-plugin for a Geronimo plugin build:

ERROR [PackageBuilder]
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: load of
org.apache.geronimo.configs/geronimo-gbean-deployer/null/car failed
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: load of
org.apache.geronimo.configs/geronimo-gbean-deployer/null/car failed
        at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:256)
        at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:235)
        at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(KernelConfigurationManager.java:112)
        at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager$$FastClassByCGLIB$$b117102f.invoke(<generated>)
        at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
        at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
        at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:817)
        at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
        at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
        at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
        at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationManager$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$a6847797.loadConfiguration(<generated>)
        at org.apache.geronimo.plugin.car.PackageBuilder.execute(PackageBuilder.java:337)
        at org.apache.geronimo.plugin.car.PackageMojo.executePackageBuilderShell(PackageMojo.java:262)
        at org.apache.geronimo.plugin.car.PackageMojo.doExecute(PackageMojo.java:170)
        at org.apache.geronimo.plugin.MojoSupport.execute(MojoSupport.java:42)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:412)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:534)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:475)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:454)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:140)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.NoSuchConfigException:
org.apache.geronimo.configs/geronimo-gbean-deployer/null/car
        at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConfigurationData(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:439)
        at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:253)
        ... 33 more

Here's the relevant part of my POM:

    <dependencies>
        <!-- For build ordering -->
        <dependency>
            <groupId>gplugins</groupId>
            <artifactId>quartz-scheduler</artifactId>
        </dependency>
    </dependencies>

    <build>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.plugins</groupId>
                <artifactId>car-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <configuration>

<moduleFile>${settings.localRepository}/gplugins/quartz-scheduler/${pom.version}/quartz-scheduler-${pom.version}.jar</moduleFile>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </build>

I'm not sure why the car-maven-plugin can't find the
geronimo-gbean-deployer and what I'm supposed to put in my POM to fix
it.

Thanks,
     Aaron

Re: car-maven-plugin error

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
On 7/25/06, anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>   I assume you are packaging this to be run on a full server. In that
> case you need to use:

I don't think this is the problem.

I think the problem is that it's trying to load
o.a.g.configs/geronimo-gbean-deployer/1.1/car instead of
geronimo/geronimo-gbean-deployer/1.1/car.  In other words, it's using
the G 1.2/M 2 naming conventions even though I'm trying to use
Geronimo 1.1.

Thanks,
    Aaron

Re: car-maven-plugin error

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.
yep, correct..

Thanks
Anita

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: car-maven-plugin error

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.

Re: car-maven-plugin error

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.
Yes, this is the correct way to make sure that the jar is build first.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: car-maven-plugin error

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.

Re: car-maven-plugin error

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
OK, progress...

I manually put in the correct deployer value for Geronimo 1.1.

Now we're back to the problem that the Geronimo 1.1 CARs are not in
the Maven 2 repo, so they aren't available for the build.  I tried
pointing to the Maven 1 repo but they're not there either.  Sigh.

Thanks,
     Aaron

Re: car-maven-plugin error

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.
   Yes the gbean deployer was (and probably still is) available by
default. The problem could be the null in
org.apache.geronimo.configs/geronimo-gbean-deployer/null/car

--- Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:

> Bearing in mind that this is not part of the Geronimo build, I assume
> that all of those variables are going to be empty and this will fail.
> Can you give me a version with hardcoded values?
   All the variables are hardcoded in the Mojos, except may be the
geronimoVersion. This needs to be fixed too. Does your pom use a
parent?
If not could you please try using this:
    <parent>
        <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</groupId>
        <artifactId>configs</artifactId>
        <version>1.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </parent>

 This particular
> module only needs the gbeanDeployer but the next one I try will need
> the Jetty or Tomcat deployers too.
>
> I don't fully understand the issue you and Jason are disagreeing
> about.  I would like to be able to indicate as simply as possible
> that
> I want either a GBean deployer only, or a full set of Tomcat or Jetty
> deployers.  I'd rather it be something like
> <deployer>gbean</deployer>
> versus <deployer>j2ee-jetty</deployer> or something along those lines
> (no variables and no list of stuff).
     The variables allowed an easy way to define new set of deployers
for custom servers. But they could be avoided. I think we agree that
the list as shown below is not user friendly. I would like to remove
that.

Thanks
Anita

> [...]
> > >         at

> > >         at
> org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
> > > Caused by:
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.NoSuchConfigException:
> > > org.apache.geronimo.configs/geronimo-gbean-deployer/null/car
> > >         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConfigurationData(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:439)
> > >         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:253)
> > >         ... 33 more
> > >

> > > Here's the relevant part of my POM:
> > >

> > >     <dependencies>
> > >         <!-- For build ordering -->
> > >         <dependency>
> > >             <groupId>gplugins</groupId>
> > >             <artifactId>quartz-scheduler</artifactId>

=== message truncated ===

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: car-maven-plugin error

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
Bearing in mind that this is not part of the Geronimo build, I assume
that all of those variables are going to be empty and this will fail.
Can you give me a version with hardcoded values?  This particular

Re: car-maven-plugin error

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: car-maven-plugin error