Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2003/11/13 14:40:35 UTC

New Status file template ( was Re: [RT] Multiple Mentors)

Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Keep in mind that I can see the use of JIRA for an incubation iniative
> as something seperate for a projects own use of JIRA for bug tracking.

Same here. Projects can use Jira to track their Incubation status and
issues.

> Ask the following question:
>
> * what are the top three things for FTP or Directory or Xxxx to move it
> towards exit

There are no top-rated issues in Incubating a project. All are relevant
and have to be addressed.

> I could spend an afternoon trying to put the answer together - and I'd
> be guessing alot along the way.

Just go in order. The first issues are the first to check (or at least
it should be this way).

> Irrespective of the mechanisms used -
> providing a way for incubating projects to push actions up to the
> incubation community is going address the concern you raised about
> sharing the load.

Having better and clearer status files is something we definitely need,
as someone that wants to help should really be eased in it. I believe
that a single file is a sufficient base, but it needs to be better than
what we have.

Let's start here:
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?NewProjectSTATUSTemplate

             - verba volant, scripta manent -