Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Srinivasulu <sr...@cognizant.com> on 2008/11/06 10:47:14 UTC

Unable to playback with the content type in a http request

Hi,

I am using 2.3.2 version of JMeter.

In my application, the fields namely "title" and "content" are mandatory. By
giving these 2 fields, I can create an aticle. But now, I am not able to
pass the 'content' for a particular 'title'. In this correspondig http
request, the content type is recorded as "application/octet-stream" and the
parameter name is "_15_file1". Please let me know in what way I can give my
"content type" in the http request so that the article can be created
properly. I am attaching the error also.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p20357971/Error_Jmeterscript.doc
Error_Jmeterscript.doc

Re: Unable to playback with the content type in a http request

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 06/11/2008, Srinivasulu <sr...@cognizant.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I am using 2.3.2 version of JMeter.
>
>  In my application, the fields namely "title" and "content" are mandatory. By
>  giving these 2 fields, I can create an aticle. But now, I am not able to
>  pass the 'content' for a particular 'title'. In this correspondig http
>  request, the content type is recorded as "application/octet-stream" and the
>  parameter name is "_15_file1". Please let me know in what way I can give my
>  "content type" in the http request so that the article can be created
>  properly. I am attaching the error also.
>  http://www.nabble.com/file/p20357971/Error_Jmeterscript.doc
>  Error_Jmeterscript.doc

It looks like JMeter is trying to read a file called "Content-type:
text/plain" so I think the sampler fields have been mixed up.

You can override the content-type by using the header manager to
define whatever type you want.