Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Jeff Hillier <hi...@llnl.gov> on 2007/01/13 01:22:41 UTC

Tool for drive mapping....

Does anyone know/use a good drive mapping tool that will allow users to map
slide/webdav url's as drive letters?

I've seen/used some like OracleDrive, but none that are open source/free.

We'd like to allow our users to use certain third party applications that
can't talk to slide directly, mounting slide URL's as a drive letter
specifically on windows seems to be an ok solution...

Ideas?

Thanks

Jeff

Re: Tool for drive mapping....

Posted by Mike Murray <as...@gmail.com>.
http://www.maths.unsw.edu.au/computing/compfiles/netdrive.exe

RE: Tool for drive mapping....

Posted by jill <jw...@hotmail.com>.
We use WebDrive as well, it's great. (www.webdrive.com)  However, it's not
free.  We weren't able to find anything good enough that was.

WebDrive used to be Novell's NetDrive, which seems to only be available on a
bunch of university webpages that require logins.  You might be able to find
an old version around somewhere but you're not going to be getting any
support or bug fixes...

>From the Novell website:
Q:
RS wrote: What is the current version of NetDrive, and is it available for
download online somewhere?

A:

RE: Tool for drive mapping....