Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Igor Trofimov <ia...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/06 10:33:56 UTC

XmlHierarchyConfigurator

Hi, All!

I have some private extension for default Hierarchy. And i want to configure
it and update it on config-file changes.

I can use basic configuration features, but its insufficient. For example, i
want to especially parse some children nodes, as it
do XmlHierarchyConfigurator. And, i want no ResetConfiguration required to
clear my collection properties and fill again from scratch.

I can completely write (copy&rewrite) own configurator instead of
XmlHierarchyConfigurator, but it is ugly decision, of course - i will lost
any compatibility with possible changes of default configuration.

What about making XmlHierarchyConfigurator methods virtual?