Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu> on 2007/04/11 18:47:50 UTC

Urgent: Board report due TODAY

Here's my suggested board report.  Please review this ASAP.
  -Adam

UIMA is a component framework for the analysis of unstructured content
such as text, audio and video.

Some recent activity:

We completed our first incubating release last month, resolving all
legal issues and obtaining the necessary Incubator PMC approval.

Items to complete before graduation:
   * Attract new committers

Community:
   * Traffic on the uima-user list has started to pick up since our
release.  We hope to be able to eventually attract some Apache UIMA
users to become committers.
   * uima-dev list has a good amount of traffic, mostly from the
original committers.
   * We have one contributor, Jörn Kottman who has submitted a few patches.

Code:
   * The UIMA Java framework code has been released
   * The UIMA C++ framework code was donated with a software grant and
has been added to SVN.  We're currently doing the final migration and
testing work to enable a release of the C++ framework.
   * We've established a sandbox and accepted a contribution from Jörn Kottman

Re: Urgent: Board report due TODAY

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Adam Lally wrote:
> Here's my suggested board report.  Please review this ASAP.
>  -Adam
>

> UIMA is a component framework for the analysis of unstructured content
> such as text, audio and video.
>

> Some recent activity:
>
> We completed our first incubating release last month, resolving all
> legal issues and obtaining the necessary Incubator PMC approval.
>

> Items to complete before graduation:
>   * Attract new committers
>

> Community:
>   * Traffic on the uima-user list has started to pick up since our
> release.  We hope to be able to eventually attract some Apache UIMA
> users to become committers.
>   * uima-dev list has a good amount of traffic, mostly from the
> original committers.
>   * We have one contributor, Jörn Kottman who has submitted a few
> patches.
>

> Code:
>   * The UIMA Java framework code has been released
>   * The UIMA C++ framework code was donated with a software grant and
> has been added to SVN.  We're currently doing the final migration and
> testing work to enable a release of the C++ framework.
>   * We've established a sandbox and accepted a contribution from Jörn
> Kottman

+1

-- Michael

Re: Urgent: Board report due TODAY

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
On 4/11/07, Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Should we mention our hotfix?  We could add a sentence to the "recent
> activity" paragraph, like:
>
> We also published our first hotfix shortly afterwards, addressing an
> issue in our GUI tooling found by our users.

OK, I have added this sentence and posted to the Wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/April2007

-Adam

Re: Urgent: Board report due TODAY

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
Should we mention our hotfix?  We could add a sentence to the "recent
activity" paragraph, like:

We also published our first hotfix shortly afterwards, addressing an
issue in our GUI tooling found by our users.

--Thilo